Friday, November 9, 2012

Festive Friday - Halloween Revisited


Good morning friends!!! It's finally Friday AND a three day weekend!  I am so excited.    Veteran's Day is always the signal to me that the holiday season is upon us!! 

Today, is Festive Friday at My Cricut Craft Room and today's assignment was to revisit a project we made for Halloween.  I am thrilled to be able to share this little project with you all.  We had this fun little event in our office this year where you would walk in one morning to a surprise goody package on your desk.  You are supposed to know who "Boo'ed" you.  Your job is to pay it forward.  Well, I got boo'ed and even though I knew this project would give it away, I had to play with my vinyl and etching cream!!  I actually did two of these and the ladies went crazy over them!!

I used Ribbons and Rossettes, Pumpkin Carvings, CTMH Art Philosophy,


I cut most of the outside images at 1.75 inches


The center images were welded together and cut at approx. 7.5 inches


I also did a clear mug with the word Boo on it.  If you have never used etching cream, you have to try it.  I simply cut my images from vinly and placed the vinyl where I wanted the plate and cup to be clear.  Then, I smeared the etching cream on the exposed areas, waited 15 minutes and rinsed off. Viola!!

The ladies loved their Boo packages so much! 

Also, for those of you who remember, I made my darling daughter's Halloween costume according to her specifications this year.  Here is the final result.  I wish I had a better picture of the back.  She looked so cute and she was so proud!!


Thank you so much for stopping by.  Please go back to My Cricut Craft Room to see what else Erica has in store for you!!

2 comments:

  1. Great projects! Very creative! Love your daughters costume..sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project I love the plate. I have vinyl and really want to use it but I am a chicken!!!! Your daughters costume is cute too!!
    MCCR DT Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! I love reading each one. Thank you!

Jodie